Why Buy From Blackwater
We are often asked "Why should I buy Blackwater Creek Koi Farms fish when I can get imports for a little more money directly from Japan or through a U.S. Dealer/Broker?”
Glad you asked! The easy answer is, we know where our fish come from, the lineage, the exact date of the spawn, which farm, mud pond or tank. In short every Koi and Goldfish we sell comes from our ponds from one of our 2 farms!
Let me repeat that All of the Koi and Goldfish sold by Blackwater Creek Koi Farms come from one of our 2 farms!
Sounds simple enough and that's the key!
You see a long time ago when we started this business, we imported the best brood stock we could get our hands on in as many different varieties we could find. We then started our own breeding programs and started producing varieties of Koi, both Standard Fin and Butterfly (Long Fin) Koi and Specialty Goldfish. We are one of the largest producers in the country.
The second part of this equation is pure economics. If you realize it or not, when you buy Koi and or Goldfish from an import Broker you really have no way of knowing where your fish originated, how they were cared for, how they were housed and quarantined at the dealers facility. Most of all you have to know that the cost of the Import certifications are about $500.00 as well as the Health inspections and other costs. These costs get passed on, in full or part, to you the Koi Hobbyists in the way of higher prices per fish. Then you have to pay the shipping and handling charges from the Seller to your door!
Now compare all that and the costs of imported Koi and Goldfish and Fish bought from Blackwater Creek Koi Farms, Inc.
- You know where the Koi came from
- How it was cared for
- That it comes from a Bio-Secure facility
- You have a tremendous selection of fish to choose from in our Koi Store
- You can pick from 3 different grades, Decorative, Select or Premium (each priced accordingly) as well as size
- You pay a very reasonable price for the Koi and or Goldfish according to the grade and size
- All you pay for is the selected fish plus the overnight shipping to your door. We have no import fees, health certificate fees (unless you are from Canada or overseas), or transportation fees to pass on to you!
- We are available to answer questions about your Koi Monday - Friday
- Our own variety of Farm test and formulated Koi Foods
- You are supporting an American owned business all of it’s workers and suppliers and their families!
Follow this comparison Flow chart of buying Koi and Goldfish From Most Brokers/Dealers as opposed to buying from Blackwater Creek